Re: Better alternative for Primary Key then serial??

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Better alternative for Primary Key then serial??
Дата
Список pgsql-general
pilzner wrote:

> Does stuff like this cause any aches and pains to developers out there, or
> do I just need to get in a new mindset??? Also, is there a way to be sure
> the primary key is *ONLY* ever given a value by serial, and not subject to
> updates???

It doesn't.  Just do not update the ID -- what use do you have for that
anyway?  If you want to prevent it, you can put a trigger to the column,
but IMHO it would be a waste of your time and machine resources.

--
Alvaro Herrera                         http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvherre/
"Vivir y dejar de vivir son soluciones imaginarias.

От: Collin Kidder
Сообщение: Re: Would it be OK if I put db file on a ext2 filesystem?
От: "Pavel Stehule"
Сообщение: Re: How can I insert NULL into column with the type of timestamp?