Re: Re-partitioning huge schema

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Re-partitioning huge schema
Дата
Re: Re-partitioning huge schema  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 05 December 2007 17:29, Erik Jones wrote:
> > i dont think you'll have much luck taking the "spread data evenly
> > throught the
> > partitions" approach; figure out how best to segment your data into
> > manageable chunks.  HTH.
>
> I agree.  That's also why I'm not too worried about taking a bin
> based approach to the partitioning.  In addition, once this is done,
> however I end up doing it, I'm going to be working on a horizontal
> systems scaling approach wherein I set up another database, replicate
> the global tables (all 132 of them) to it, and split the accounts'
> userdata between the two databases -- fun, fun, fun!

A few of us have been playing with using plproxy in partitioning triggers to
also achieve horizontal scaling at the same time, you might want to look into
that. (Personally I've not yet landed a customer who needs such a solution,
but hopefully soon)

--
Robert Treat

От: "Josh Harrison"
Сообщение: Re: Replication using WAL files
От: Erik Jones
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump