Re: SQL Query

От A. Kretschmer
Тема Re: SQL Query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
am  Wed, dem 05.12.2007, um 10:47:44 +0000 mailte Ashish Karalkar folgendes:
>     > X Y
>     > ------------
>     > 1 ABC
>     > 2 PQR
>     > 3 XYZ
>     > 4 LMN
>     > 1 LMN
>     > 2 XYZ
>     >
>     > I want a query that will give me following output
>     >
>     > 1 ABC:LMN
>     > 2 PQR:XYZ
>     > 3 XYZ
>     > 4 LMN
>     >
>     > Any help will be really helpful
>
>     You need a new aggregate-function. A solution for a similar problem (but
>     with comma instead :) can you find here:
>     http://www.zigo.dhs.org/postgresql/#comma_aggregate
>
>     Thanks Andreas for your replay.
>     But i don't have an option two send argument to the store proc nither do i
>     know how many multiple records are there for a single X. I want result for
>     all rows of table.
>
>     I dont thnink that function will give desired output.

test=# create table Ashish ( x int, y text);
CREATE TABLE
test=*# copy ashish from stdin;
Enter data to be copied followed by a newline.
End with a backslash and a period on a line by itself.
>> 1    abc
>> 2    pqr
>> 3    yxz
>> 4    lmn
>> 1    lmn
>> 2    xyz
>> \.
test=*# CREATE FUNCTION my_aggregate(text,text) RETURNS text AS ' SELECT CASE WHEN $1 <> '''' THEN $1 || '':'' || $2
ELSE$2 END; ' LANGUAGE sql IMMUTABLE STRICT;
CREATE AGGREGATE my_comma (basetype=text, sfunc=my_aggregate , stype=text, initcond='' );
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE AGGREGATE
test=*# select x, my_comma(y) from ashish group by x;
 x | my_comma
---+----------
 4 | lmn
 3 | yxz
 2 | pqr:xyz
 1 | abc:lmn
(4 rows)

Okay, i forgot to sort and the chars are in lower case...

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer

От: Ashish Karalkar
Сообщение: Re: SQL Query
От: Florian Aumeier
Сообщение: thesaurus support in postgresql