Re: pg_ctl configurable timeout

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pg_ctl configurable timeout
Дата
Re: pg_ctl configurable timeout  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: pg_ctl configurable timeout  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Am Freitag, 17. August 2007 schrieb Peter Eisentraut:
> I'm having trouble with the hardcoded 60 second timeout in pg_ctl.  pg_ctl
> sometimes just times out and there is no way to make it wait a little
> longer. I would like to add an option to be able to change that, say
> pg_ctl -w --timeout=120.  Comments?

Lost track of this, but it keeps biting me.

Somehow, the 60 second timeout seems completely arbitrary anyway.  Maybe we
should remove it altogether.  We could add an option as described above, but
then the packager who creates the init script or whoever creates the initial
configuration will have to make an equally arbitrary choice.  And most likely
you will not notice that your configuration is insufficient until you are
really in a bind.

What should we do?

--
Peter Eisentraut

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] WAL archiving idle database
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] WAL archiving idle database