Re: SCMS question

От mark@mark.mielke.cc
Тема Re: SCMS question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 02:57:03PM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Robert Treat wrote:
> >FWIW ClearCase also offers a command line version of its merge tool, where
> >it shows three columns (a la diff --side-by-side) and allows you to pick
> >which column you want to merge in (repo, change1, or change2 for example).
> >It's a nice attempt at doing it on the command line, but the graphical
> >version is so much better it's worth it to work out remote X and use that
> >instead :-)
> If ClearCase is held up as a model SCM system the God help us.
> True story: a few years back I had a team that where some of them had
> been using ClearCase, and when they joined our team switched to CVS. A
> few months later the company made a company-wide decision to standardise
> on ClearCase. Within weeks I had them begging and pleading with me to be
> allowed to go back to CVS.

This shouldn't be a religious discussion - but I can't let the above go.
Anybody who prefers CVS over ClearCase for any reasons *other* than
financial reasons - doesn't understand SCM.

CVS is pretty close to the bottom for me - below it is SCCS/RCS.

Cheers,
mark

--
mark@mielke.cc / markm@ncf.ca / markm@nortel.com     __________________________
 One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all                      and in the darkness
bindthem...

                          http://mark.mielke.cc/

От: ITAGAKI Takahiro
Сообщение: Dead Space Map version 2
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Resumable vacuum proposal and design overview