Re: VC2005 build and pthreads

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: VC2005 build and pthreads
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 11:34:23AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> writes:
> > That's true, but I think it would be worthwhile to invert the switch to
> > be --disable-thread-safety, since the number of people who don't
> > understand the problem far outweigh the cost of the switch.
>
> I'd vote against that unless it were done only for Linux, and personally
> I think a platform-dependent default for this might be unreasonably
> confusing.

Well, it's already platform specific, Win32 removes the option
altogether (apparently). Which would be another option.

However, it only trips people up occasionally, so I'm not going to push
it.

Have a nice day,

От: "Simon Riggs"
Сообщение: Re: Proposed adjustments in MaxTupleSize andtoastthresholds
От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Modifying and solidifying contrib