Re: Column Name = column does not exist

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Column Name = column does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 16:38:57 -0600,
  brian stapel <brians_224@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your time.
>
> I'm in the process of trying to incorporate three Human Resource systems into one.  Each of the three systems had a
differentauthor and no standards were followed - consequently the table design leaves a bit to be desired.  One of the
mostcritical tables has a field named:Last_Name (case specific).  When I execute 'Select Last_Name from employee' the
statementfails with the following message: column "last_name" does not exist.  If I wrap the field name in quotes
"Last_Name"for example, the query works as expected.

> Is this typical behavior?

Yes. In postgres, unquoted column and table names are converted to lower case.

In general, the advice is to either never quote names or always quote them.

От: Sean Davis
Сообщение: Re: Keeping a Backup database in sync with the primary
От: "Mathieu Peltier"
Сообщение: Are postgresql 8.2.1 RPMs signed?