Re: slow speeds after 2 million rows inserted

От Nikola Milutinovic
Тема Re: slow speeds after 2 million rows inserted
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> The fastest way will be copy.
> The second fastest will be multi value inserts in batches.. eg.;
>
> INSERT INTO data_archive values () () () (I don't knwo what the max is)
>
> but commit every 1000 inserts or so.

Is this some empirical value? Can someone give heuristics as to how to calculate the optimal number of transactions
afterwhich to commit? Or at least guidelines.

Nix.

http://mail.yahoo.com

От: James Neff
Сообщение: Re: slow speeds after 2 million rows inserted
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: out of memory woes