Re: finding gps within polygon

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: finding gps within polygon
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 11:15:09PM -0400, blackwater dev wrote:
> Does anyone have a good tutorial on finding gps points within a polygon?  I
> need to be able to pass in a list of gps coordinates and let postgres return
> to me matching cities from my cities table that are within that polygon.

PostgreSQL has some basic geometry types and functions, but for
more advanced spatial work consider using PostGIS (an add-on to
PostgreSQL).  The documentation has a "Using PostGIS" chapter with
examples.

http://www.postgis.org/

--
Michael Fuhr

От: "chris smith"
Сообщение: Re: Installation problems
От: lbolognini@gmail.com
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore: [archiver] could not open input file