Re: Single Index Tuple Chain (SITC) method

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Single Index Tuple Chain (SITC) method
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> One thing I am confused about, currently the ctid chain follows tuple
> history so that transactions can find the latest version of any tuple,
> even if the key fields have changed. This proposal breaks that, I'm not
> sure how important that is though.

No, SITC doesn't break the UPDATE chain, it merely doesn't set the
SITC_NOT_TAIL bit on the tuple, so an index scan knows that is the last
tuple for that index entry.

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Single Index Tuple Chain (SITC) method
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Single Index Tuple Chain (SITC) method