Re: MultiXacts & WAL

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: MultiXacts & WAL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom, Paolo,

> Yeah, it's difficult to believe that multixact stuff could form a
> noticeable fraction of the total WAL load, except perhaps under really
> pathological circumstances, because the code just isn't supposed to be
> exercised often.  So I don't think this is worth pursuing.  Paolo's free
> to try to prove the opposite of course ... but I'd want to see numbers
> not speculation.

I would like to see some checking of this, though.  Currently I'm doing
testing of PostgreSQL under very large numbers of connections (2000+) and am
finding that there's a huge volume of xlog output ... far more than
comparable RDBMSes.   So I think we are logging stuff we don't really have
to.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun