Re: A few questions about carriage returns (\r)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: A few questions about carriage returns (\r)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Nis Jorgensen wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>
> > I beleive there is a regexp_replace. In psql, if you type \df you get a
> > list of all defined functions. The docs have info too.
>
> The function is confusingly not mentioned in the documentation under
> "String Functions and Operators", but only under "Pattern Matching". I
> would suggest at least adding a reference from the former to the latter.

Docs are updated in CVS HEAD and 8.1.X branches.

> If someone with access edits that page, perhaps they can at the same
> time move the note "a. The to_ascii function supports conversion from
> LATIN1, LATIN2, LATIN9, and WIN1250 encodings only" into the description
> field for the function, or at least add an indication that there is a note.

OK, footnote removed and text added to main description:

    Convert string to ASCII from another encoding (only supports conversion
    from LATIN1, LATIN2, LATIN9, and WIN1250 encodings)

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us

От: "Christopher Murtagh"
Сообщение: UTF-8 and stripping accents
От: "Nitin Verma"
Сообщение: Re: VACUUMing sometimes increasing database size / sometimes crashing it