Re: Me And My Database

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Me And My Database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 11:45:03AM +0200, Leif B. Kristensen wrote:
> On Wednesday 14. June 2006 11:38, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> >Why did you put parenthesis there? It looks like you're making a
> > record within a record. You wouldn't have parenthesis there for a
> > normal select statement, would you?
>
> s**t. When I remove the parentheses, it runs fine.
>
> This is a little contrary to common programmer philosophy, where putting
> in extra parentheses for clarity is considered Good Practice[TM].

Except in cases where it changes the meaning, obviously.

I suppose if the SQL standard had chosen something else for row
constructors (like [] or {}) what you typed would've been a syntax
error rather than being valid.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения

От: "Leif B. Kristensen"
Сообщение: Re: Me And My Database
От: "LLC"
Сообщение: Compiling contrib dblink_tds and oralink