Re: [GENERAL] Querying libpq compile time options

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Querying libpq compile time options
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Larry Rosenman wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> >
> >> but libpq is the only thing that knows where it is, and I had
> >> proposed a way for psql to use the function to get it.
> >
> > It'd make more sense for pg_config to expose this as one of the
> > available information bits.  The difference from the thread-support
> > case is that you'd typically want to get the pg_service.conf location
> > manually, and that's exactly what pg_config is designed for.
> > Verifying thread support, on the other hand, is something that a
> > program would want to do.
>
> It still gets into the messiness of pg_config doesn't load libpq, and
> there could be a mis-match.

That is the administrator's job, to make sure they match.  Applications
programmers can't do that.

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Querying libpq compile time options
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Querying libpq compile time options