Re: PL/pgSQL 'i = i + 1' Syntax

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 'i = i + 1' Syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> If you only care about Oracle to PostgreSQL (and who wouldn't?), then
> it in fact seems desirable for PL/pgSQL to be a superset of PL/SQL.

I agree with David here.   We care about the ability to migrate PL/SQL -->
PL/pgSQL.   We do *not* care about the ability to migrate PL/pgSQL -->
PL/SQL.  So supporting extra syntax which Oracle doesn't ... as long as
the Oracle syntax still works ... is in fact a good thing.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

От: "Larry Rosenman"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Querying libpq compile time options
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Querying libpq compile time options