Re: Multiple logical databases

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Multiple logical databases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeremy,

> The immediate use I thought of was being able to have what appeared to
> be multiple databases on the same server with different locale settings,
> which cannot be changed post-initdb.

Again, this is patching the symtoms instead of going after the cause.  The
real issue you're trying to address is not being able to set locale per
database, which is what we really want.

Not that symptomatic cures are out of the question for add-ons, like pgPool
(and I could see a lot of uses for a pgPool that could obscure the fact
that it was connecting to multiple servers).  But they aren't the way to
go for the core code.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

От: Mark Dilger
Сообщение: Re: Function Stats WAS: Passing arguments to views
От: Daniel Schuchardt
Сообщение: Re: Error working with Temporary Sequences in plpgsql in 8.1 (8.0