Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Client-side password encryption

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Client-side password encryption
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 10:32:03AM -0000, Dave Page wrote:

> > As for Windows DLL hell, I don't know a lot about that, but if that's
> > such a problem, why didn't the original creators of the windows port
> > stick the version number in there from the start. On UNIX, libpq is
> > half versioned (the library is, but not the symbols) so I would have
> > thought copying that idea would have been obvious.
>
> Because we simply didn't think of it at the time, and it's something
> that has irked me ever since.

In that case, I agree. I've always thought a lot of problem in windows
could be solved if they systematically added a version number to every
library (like in UNIX).

Are there any reasons why we shouldn't change the libname with every
release like for UNIX? I can't think of any, but you never know...

Have a nice day,

От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Client-side password encryption
От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Client-side password encryption