Re: memory leak under heavy load?

От Tyler MacDonald
Тема Re: memory leak under heavy load?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Will Glynn <wglynn@freedomhealthcare.org> wrote:
> Postgres completely for a few seconds didn't lower the number. It wasn't
> taken by any process, which leads me to believe that it's a kernel bug.

    If it was a shared memory segment allocated a particular way (I
*think* it's "shm_open", I'm not 100% sure), it's not erronious for the
kernel to leave it behind after all processes are gone... see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-apache/2004/06/msg00188.html .

    If postgres needs this much shared memory and wants it to go away on
a crash, I think (again, I'm a neophyte at this still, I havent even fixed
mod_bt fo rthis yet) that an mmap()ed file is the way to go... but then
don't you need enough harddrive space to support your shared memory?

    I don't know, this whole things confusing...

        - Tyler

От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: deadlock detected - when multiple threads try to update
От: stig erikson
Сообщение: news.postgresql.org slow