Re: restarting after power outage

От Uwe C. Schroeder
Тема Re: restarting after power outage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 27 April 2005 15:17, Doug McNaught wrote:
> "Uwe C. Schroeder" <uwe@oss4u.com> writes:
> > Is this just me or did anyone actually think about adding a UPS to
> > the machine and monitor it with NUT ?  That way the machine would
> > shut down properly, making the whole stale pid-file issue
> > irrelevant.
>
> UPSs fail.  People kick out power cords.  It's good to be able to deal
> with it.
>
> -Doug

You're right about that. Question is how often does this happen to rectify
some automated procedure. In case of a hard shutdown there are a whole bunch
of things that could potentially go wrong on startup (like fsck failing
etc.). So checking up on the machine might be a good idea anyways.
I for my part locked the server room - works every time when the cleaning crew
comes into the office looking for an outlet to plug the vacuum in. All they
take out now is the faxmachine :-)

    UC

--
Open Source Solutions 4U, LLC    2570 Fleetwood Drive
Phone:  +1 650 872 2425        San Bruno, CA 94066

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: missing chunk number 0 for toast value
От: "Ed L."
Сообщение: Re: missing chunk number 0 for toast value