Re: Missing doc on expression format for ALTER TABLE

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Missing doc on expression format for ALTER TABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 05:11:43PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:

> >     ALTER [ COLUMN ] column TYPE type [ USING expression ]
> >
> > Surely you're not expecting it to repeat the complete syntax for
> > <expression>.
>
> Well, yes, actually.  Where in the documentation is a type conversion
> expression defined?   Do we use NEW and OLD?  Or the name of the column?  Or
> something else?

I think the ALTER TABLE page is in dire need of a "See also" section, at
least.  And a reference to where <expression> is defined would be nice
to have.

"All rings of power are equal,
But some rings of power are more equal than others."
                                 (George Orwell's The Lord of the Rings)

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Version information in docs
От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: Version information in docs