Re: locks in CREATE TRIGGER, ADD FK

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: locks in CREATE TRIGGER, ADD FK
Дата
Re: locks in CREATE TRIGGER, ADD FK  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:42:01AM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> >>If you want to be my friend forever, then fix CLUSTER so that it uses
> >>sharerowexclusive as well :D
> >
> >I don't think it's as easy as that, because you have to move tuples
> >around in the cluster operation.  Same sort of issue as vacuum full I
> >would suggest.
>
> Cluster doesn't move rows...
>
> I didn't say it was easy.  It would involve changing how cluster works.
>  It would keep the old table around while building the new, then grab
> an exclusive lock to swap the two.

Huh, cluster already does that.

I don't remember what the rationale was for locking the table, leaving
even simple SELECTs out.  (In fact, IIRC the decision wasn't made by me,
and it wasn't discussed at all.)

"I would rather have GNU than GNOT."  (ccchips, lwn.net/Articles/37595/)

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: odd problem !
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Prevent conflicting SET options from being set