Re: [BUGS] We are not following the spec for HAVING without GROUP

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: [BUGS] We are not following the spec for HAVING without GROUP
Дата
Re: [BUGS] We are not following the spec for HAVING without GROUP  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 23:24:18 -0500, Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> wrote:

> I've noticed quite frequently scenarios where this idiom would be very handy.
> I usually either end up rewriting the query to have nested subqueries so I can
> push the grouping into the subquery. This doesn't always work though and
> sometimes I end up listing several, sometimes dozens, of columns like
> "first(x) AS x" or else end up

If someone did a naive implementation of first() and last() aggregates
for 8.1, is that something that would likely be accepted?

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] We are not following the spec for HAVING without GROUP
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] How to read query plan