Re: allowing connections from additional hosts without a restart?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: allowing connections from additional hosts without a restart?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 08:55:08AM -0800, Lonni J Friedman wrote:

> The issue i'm having is that i've got a postgresql-7.4.6 box that has
> a DB running on it for a j2ee based application on a separate server.
> Now i need to add an additional DB for a different server, but I can't
> afford any down time to restart postgresql for the changes in
> pg_hba.conf to take effect.
>
> Is there any workaround that doesn't require a restart?

Sure.  Send a SIGHUP to the postmaster.  One easy way is

pg_ctl reload

"Porque Kim no hacia nada, pero, eso sí,
con extraordinario éxito" ("Kim", Kipling)

От: "Craig Bryden"
Сообщение: Functions that return RECORD type
От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: vacuum vs open transactions