Re: postgresql-cygwin-windowsXP

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: postgresql-cygwin-windowsXP
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Kasimir,

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 11:13:12AM +0100, Kasimir M?ller wrote:
> My cygwin-postgresql enviroment worked perfectly for years until now.
> Some weeks before I  installed Servicepack  2 .

SP2 for XP?  If so, then your cygcheck is not congruent with the above.
See below...

> Now I  can't start postgresql  anymore.
> I get the "Bad system call"  Error  after  invoking
> IpcMemoryCreate(size=10461184).
> I know, there was a lot  of similar questions on this list, but I can't
> get a solution.
> I'm starting postgresql with:
> ipc-daemon2  &
> postmaster  -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -i -d 5
>
> I also tried installing ipc-daemon as a service with the same results.

Your cygcheck indicates you are using a version of Cygwin PostgreSQL
that requires cygserver.  See below...  Please read the README.

> [snip]
>
> Cygwin Configuration Diagnostics
> Current System Time: Sun Dec 05 11:02:18 2004
>
> Windows NT Ver 4.0 Build 1381 Service Pack 5

NT 4.0 SP5?  See above...

> [snip]
> postgresql           7.4.5-1

This version of PostgreSQL requires cygserver.  See above...

Jason

От: "Mike G."
Сообщение: Re: postgresql-cygwin-windowsXP
От: Jason Tishler
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql installation-initdb failed