Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.general

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.general
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, Gary L. Burnore wrote:

>> This talk of opening up the list to the Big Eight and making a 2-way
>> gateway would have a devastating effect on the way the list currently
>> functions.
>

> Then get the gateway removed. One way causes grief.  Someone reads a
> post, replies and bad stuff happens.  It's broken.  Your preference
> for leaving it the same will not be acceptable.

Not sure where anyone got the idea that the gateway is uni-directional,
but it has been bi-directional since the day of its inception *years* ago

>> If you draft another RFD with this change, you would get my YES vote, and probably a good number
>> more than if you use one of the current names. In the current form, I
>> would be inclined to vote against the proposal.
>
> So you'll be in favor of removing the mail-to-news gateway, right?

Which won't happen ...

>> Please let the mailing list function as it currently does
>
> No.  The list as it currently funcions sends messages to USENet.  That
> needs to be changed.

The list will continue to function as it always has ... it sends to
Usenet, and receives from it ...

----

От: Eric
Сообщение: Re: Visual Designer in linux?
От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Visual Designer in linux?