changing the password of postres

От Prabu Subroto
Тема changing the password of postres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dear my friends...

I am using SuSE 9.1 and postgres 7.2.x .

Each time if I want to connect to postgres with
postgres I do like this:
"
patrixlinux@patrix:~> su
Password:
patrix:/localhome/patrixlinux # su postgres
postgres@patrix:/localhome/patrixlinux> cd
postgres@patrix:~> psql kv
Welcome to psql 7.4.2, the PostgreSQL interactive
terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

kv=#
"

So now, the user "postgres" still has no password.
How can I create the password for the user with psql?

How can I create an account and its password with sql
query from psql? And how can I define that they have
the privilege to work with a database and some
tables....?

Thank you very much in advance.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

От: Alex Soto
Сообщение: Help supressing NOTICE messages
От: Paul Thomas
Сообщение: Re: postgres 8 performance