Re: Character encoding in database dumps

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Character encoding in database dumps
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 15:06:08 -0400,
  Lynna Landstreet <lynna@gallery44.org> wrote:

> Major headache, though. I'm hoping as things evolve, Unicode support will be
> built into more programs including those where it's currently not thought
> necessary like FTP programs. People need to learn that ASCII is *not*
> necessarily the correct format for all text files...

The ascii mode in ftp is for files that need to be converted to or from
using LF to end lines from or to using CRLF to end lines. Normally you want
to do binary transfers.

От: Lynna Landstreet
Сообщение: Re: Character encoding in database dumps
От: Michael Guerin
Сообщение: database corruption