Re: [HACKERS] UnixWare/CVS Tip/initdb.c needs to use

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] UnixWare/CVS Tip/initdb.c needs to use
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> > In other words, the entire application either is or is not linked with
> > threads; it's not a property of an individual library.
>
> > SO, IF we are using the threads flags, we need to use them on ALL=20
> > libpq-using programs, ours or the users.
>
> Yeek.  This is an example of the sort of thing that makes people want to
> build two versions of every library.
>
> I'm not excited about doing that (at least not unless it pops up on more
> platforms).  It seems that what we have to do for Unixware is add
> -Kpthread to LDFLAGS; is that correct?

I am attaching a new bin/Makefile that should fix it.  The new code is:

    # this platform needs the thread compiler flag for all binaries
    # to override libc
    ifeq ($(PORTNAME), unixware)
    CPPFLAGS += "$THREAD_CPPFLAGS"
    endif

Larry, does this fix it?

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Makefile for src/bin (client programs)
#
# Portions Copyright (c) 1996-2002, PostgreSQL Global Development Group
# Portions Copyright (c) 1994, Regents of the University of California
#
# $PostgreSQL: pgsql-server/src/bin/Makefile,v 1.41 2003/12/17 18:44:08 petere Exp $
#
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------

subdir = src/bin
top_builddir = ../..
include $(top_builddir)/src/Makefile.global

DIRS := initdb initlocation ipcclean pg_ctl pg_dump \
    psql scripts pg_config pg_controldata pg_resetxlog \
    pg_encoding

# this platforms needs the thread compiler flag for all binaries to override libc
ifeq ($(PORTNAME), unixware)
CPPFLAGS += "$THREAD_CPPFLAGS"
endif

ifeq ($(with_tcl), yes)
    DIRS += pgtclsh
endif

all install installdirs uninstall depend distprep:
    @for dir in $(DIRS); do $(MAKE) -C $$dir $@ || exit; done

clean distclean maintainer-clean:
    -@for dir in $(DIRS); do $(MAKE) -C $$dir $@; done

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] UnixWare/CVS Tip/initdb.c needs to use
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] UnixWare/CVS Tip/initdb.c needs to use