Installation failed on FreeBSD

От B Jordan
Тема Installation failed on FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
I was trying to install Postgres 7.4.1 on FreeBSD 4.6
using the ports collection. Here is the contents of my
distinfo file:

MD5 (postgresql/postgresql-base-7.4.1.tar.bz2) =
6a608caae10fb1d90bf3c7bdcc56b876
MD5 (postgresql/postgresql-opt-7.4.1.tar.bz2) =
5c2c63741d9c7a4168b29e4b4439b0c7
MD5 (postgresql/postgresql-test-7.4.1.tar.bz2) =
23ddb087901fcf7bc3cf8dfa06ff45ed
MD5 (postgresql/postgresql-docs-7.4.1.tar.bz2) =
c1ed614b482df37fa0b174b3f3839752

I got an error stating that libintl.so.2 was not
found. After doing some research on Google, I found
that re-installing the port for gettext should fix
this. Installing the latest gettext put a libintl.so.6
on my system under user/local/lib, but no
libintl.so.2.

Fortunately I have access to another FreeBSD box which
does have libintl.so.2 on it, and was able to copy the
older file over and complete the install.

I wanted to send this in as it seems to me that either
1) the freebsd port for postgres 7.4.1 should use the
new libintl.so.6 (or fetch and build it if necessary).
If for some reason postgres can't use the newest
version, then it would seem reasonable to me that the
port should fetch and build the version it needs
(apparently libintl.so.2.

Anyhow.. looking forward to taking the new 7.4.x
series for a spin as I have been a user of the 7.3.x
series for a while now, and have found postgres to be
an excellent database. However, install issues like
this, despite being simple, can turn first time users
away, which is why I'm sending this in. Hopefully it
will be useful.

Thanks,

Bucky Jordan

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: String operators <= and >=
От: Lamar Owen
Сообщение: Need packaging help for RPMs.