Re: UTF8 problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: UTF8 problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew@zeut.net> writes:
> They have talked about changing the messageblks to binary instead of
> text.  They said that one of their main objections is that bytea data is
> not compressed.  I'm not sure that's true, but I don't see anything in
> the docs about it.   I think they would move to bytea if it does compress.

These people really don't know what they're talking about, do they?

bytea goes through exactly the same compression logic as text.  But
really it sounds to me like the easiest solution is just to run the
database in SQL_ASCII encoding.

От: Hugo
Сообщение: Re: psql command and file size
От: Hugo
Сообщение: Re: psql command and file size