Re: Call for port reports

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Call for port reports
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > One other idea would be to set CFLAGS to "" before including template,
> > and just test to see if it is still "" after --- that might be cleaner
> > than saving the original value and comparing.
>
> Yeah, that bothered me a bit too --- what if the template tries to set
> CFLAGS to its already-existing value?  I was thinking that unsetting
> CFLAGS before running the template would be the best answer.

I assume he did it that way so if you do:
CFLAGS=

in the template file that it would be honored.  I see lots of this in
configure:
ac_env_CFLAGS_set=${CFLAGS+set}

but that uses 'set' if the variable is null or unset:
      ${parameter:+word}             Use Alternate  Value.   If  parameter  is  null  or             unset, nothing is
substituted,otherwise the expan-             sion of word is substituted.

However, I thought null meant "", but I now think null basically means
the same as unset in this manual page.  Notice that '+' tests only for
unset, and knows when you have done VAR= and VAR="":$ echo ${Y+no}$ Y=$ echo ${Y+no}no$ Y=""$ echo ${Y+no}no$ unset Y$
echo${Y+no}$

so the proper test would be to unset the variable, then use ${var+val}
to test CFLAGS after the template file is included.

Pennsylvania19073

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Call for port reports
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: 7.4RC1 planned for Monday