Re: vacuum locking

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: vacuum locking
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Rob,

> q5 and q6 are too complex to discuss here, but the fundamental issue
> is the order in which postgres decides to do things.  The choice for
> me is clear: the developer time trying to figure out how to make the
> planner do the "obviously right thing" has been too high with
> postgres.  These tests demonstate to me that for even complex queries,
> oracle wins for our problem.
>
> It looks like we'll be migrating to oracle for this project from these
> preliminary results.  It's not just the planner problems.  The
> customer is more familiar with oracle, and the vacuum performance is
> another problem.

Hey, we can't win 'em all.   If we could, Larry would be circulating his
resume'.

I hope that you'll stay current with PostgreSQL developments so that you can
do a similarly thourough evaluation for your next project.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

От: Christopher Browne
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 7.4beta5 vs MySQL 4.0.16 with RT(DBIx::SearchBuilder)
От: CHEWTC@ap.nec.com.sg
Сообщение: Postgresql vs OS compatibility matrix