Re: Automatic compat checking? (was 7.4 compatibility question)

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Automatic compat checking? (was 7.4 compatibility question)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday 24 October 2003 00:01, Christoph Haller wrote:

> A pg_compat_chk utility sounds great.
> No idea, if this is practical, but it's desirable - at least to me.

Well, I'm confident the first 90% is practical just by running some regexps
against a pg_dumped schema. It doesn't need to guarantee there's a problem,
just say "here's something you want to check". And there are things you could
probably never check convincingly (e.g. the queries in an application). It's
that final 10% that makes me uncertain.

Maybe it'd be enough to just list "tests I couldn't perform", at first anyway.

--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd

От: Christoph Haller
Сообщение: Re: Automatic compat checking? (was 7.4 compatibility question)
От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: multi-backend psql