Re: CVS compile on AIX 4.3.2

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: CVS compile on AIX 4.3.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Sean Chittenden wrote:

> > > I am getting the following error
> > > ../../../../src/include/libpq/pqcomm.h:60: `int64_t' undeclared here (not
> > > in a function)
> >
> > There's a patch floating around the list to remove use of int64_t, which
> > is evidently not too portable.  I'll try to get it applied soon.
>
> int64_t is a C99 data type that hasn't existed prior to recent
> versions of gcc, but is quite valid/correct.  I'd think that int64_t

It's also not guaranteed to exist on any given machine if there isn't a
native exactly 64 bit integer type.  I'd think that if you're going to use
one of the C99 integer types, int_least64_t or int_fast64_t would be a
better choice unless you really must guarantee 64 bits since those appear
to be required.