Re: Inquiry From Form [pgsql]

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Inquiry From Form [pgsql]
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 16:26:09 -0300, Chris Schneider <cschneider@xede.com> wrote:
> I know this is basic, but couldn\'t find and in a hurry to know the answer.  When interfacing with PostgreSQL through
PSQL,it appears that DML statements are auto-commited, that is, a change I make in one session is seen from another
withoutthe original session issueing a COMMIT.  Is this a result of PSQL interface and if so, can it be turned off.  Is
PostgreSQLtransactional in the sense that I can issue several DMLs and then ROLLBACK.  If so, how.  Thanks and sorry
forthe newbie question.

Autocommit is the default mode for psql. Use "begin;" to start a transaction.
And use "end;" to end a transaction. Note that unlike in sqlplus with Oracle,
any errors while in the transaction will abort it and you have to start
over.

All DML and most DDL statements are rollbackable by 7.3. I believe in 7.4
all DDL statements will be rollbackable.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Rod Taylor
Сообщение: Re: SEQUENCE and PRIMARY KEY
От: "scott.marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: Inquiry From Form [pgsql]