Re: confused with encodings

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: confused with encodings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > [I assume you enable the locale support.]
>
> isn't it enabled by default ?

It can be off by using ---no-locale option with initdb.

> > Dont't ask me. These are locale support problems.
>
> Sorry, I just wanted to understand where I get confused.
> You're right, utf8 locale support in glibc is broke,
> I've tested simple C-program with glibc 2.2.5 and 2.3.1 on
> Linux system and toupper, tolower functions are broken.
>
> btw, did you try libutf8 library ?
> http://www.haible.de/bruno/packages-libutf8.html

No. BTW, upper() will never work even glibc works fine with UTF-8. See
the code fragment below(utils/adt/oracle_compat.c);
char       *ptr;
:
:while (m-- > 0){    *ptr = toupper((unsigned char) *ptr);    ptr++;}

Apparently this is not multibyte aware...
--
Tatsuo Ishii