Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user

От Martin Marques
Тема Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mié 11 Jun 2003 12:29, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:

> 3) If your point was to move to a relational database, then you should
> choose Postgres.  MySQL, although it's SQL, hardly qualifies as
> relational

MySQL doesn't have relations at all, unless you put the InnoDB module,
which stamps down performance.

An example I tried to do on a MySQL without InnoDB was:

CREATE TABLE testing (
id INT,
word VARCHAR(20) REFERENCES other_table("word")
);

(knowing that other_table exists (I prefiously created it) and has word as
a VARCHAR(20) field).

An error is what I got.

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?

От: "Vilson farias"
Сообщение: How to change column type in PostgreSQL 7.1.2
От: Martin Marques
Сообщение: Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user