Re: Fastest way to read tuples

От Chris Gamache
Тема Re: Fastest way to read tuples
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
500 tuples is 500 tuples whether you pull them all at once, or one at a time.
You can either take your time up-front or spread it out. Spreading it out would
have the smallest "psychological" impact on your users, yes?

I'm not sure you're going to get much faster on the client interface. Assuming
that you're PostgreSQL configuration is properly optimized and vacuumed, your
64k line would seem to be the bottleneck...

Having said that, a good trick for faster tuple access in ADO is the rs.getrows
method. If you're using rs.movenext, your eating up more client-side processor
power than you need. See www.devguru.com for more nifty ADO tricks.

set conn = createobject("adodb.connection")
conn.open connstr
mysql = "select * from test;"
set rs = conn.execute(mysql)
aRows = rs.getrows