Re: Windows Build System - My final thoughts

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Windows Build System - My final thoughts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> As for build environment, we have two audiences --- those using
> binaries, and those compiling from source.  Clearly we are going to have
> more binary users vs. source users on Win32 than on any other platform,
> so at this stage I think making thing easier for the majority of our
> Unix developers is the priority, meaning we should use our existing
> Makefiles and cygwin to compile.  Later, if things warrant it, we can do
> VC++ project files somehow.

I'm ignorant when it comes to build environments on windows, but I was under
the impression that DJGPP was mostly a complete environment. Are there any
plans to support it, or is it even possible?

> So, as far as I am concerned, we will have a Win32 port in 7.4.  It will
> not be perfect, but it will be as good as we can do.  We are also
> getting point-in-time recovery in 7.4, so that may help us with Win32
> port failures too.

Interesting consolation :)

Regards,Jeff Davis

От: Justin Clift
Сообщение: Re: Odd website behavior...
От: Lamar Owen
Сообщение: Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System