Re: Altering existing table to be WITHOUT OIDs

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: Altering existing table to be WITHOUT OIDs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 24 May 2002 13:45:48 -0400
"Doug Fields" <dfields-pg-general@pexicom.com> wrote:
> Now that I have migrated to 7.2.1 and stabilized, I want to disable OIDs on
> all of my tables which have their own sequence primary keys.
>
> How can I do this? (I don't want to know how I figure out what tables they
> are - just how, given a table, I convert  to WITHOUT OIDs.)

I don't know of a way. However, keep in mind that WITHOUT OIDS is not
(currently) a storage optimization -- the OID field is still stored on disk.
The WITHOUT OIDS option is primarily for people who might be in danger
of OID-wraparound.

So I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Case Insensitive Data Type
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Efficiency question: VARCHAR with empty string vs NULL