Re: Named constraints

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Named constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 22 May 2002, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> On Wed, 22 May 2002, Stephan Szabo wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 22 May 2002, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> > > GroupID         integer
> > >         constraint fkgroup
> > >         references Groups,
> >
> > Nope, that's right, it's just that the trigger
> > names aren't the same as the constraint name.
>
> Would be nice if the triggers used more meaninful names.

I don't actually think that'd be too hard, although
the names would have to have something added to make
them more unique.  Jan would probably know why the
current naming was chosen.

> > If you violate the constraint it should use the
> > given names, and when drop constraint works with
> > fk constraints it'll use them as well.
>
> Is there a way to list the constraints?
> I did not see any '\d' parameter to list them.

The only way I know of to get the constraint name for foreign
keys requires reading tgconstrname from pg_trigger.

От: Francisco Reyes
Сообщение: Re: Named constraints
От: "Tille, Andreas"
Сообщение: How to select rows with values set to NULL