ODBC and JDBC

От Gregory Seidman
Тема ODBC and JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This is a bit more general than just PostgreSQL, and actually doesn't
really apply to it. If your interest is limited to all things PostgreSQL,
ignore the rest of the message.

I'd like to be able to write to the ODBC API on obscure platforms (Linux on
non-Intel, etc.) while remaining confident that I will be able to connect
to whatever database system happens to be around. That means that I want to
have access to servers for which there is no ODBC driver for my platform...
as long as there is a JDBC driver. Since most JDBC drivers are written in
pure Java, and a JVM is available for almost everything, an ODBC driver
which uses JDBC as its backend, i.e. an ODBC-JDBC bridge (not to be
confused with a JDBC-ODBC bridge, which has a couple of implementations),
should make this possible.

The only ODBC-JDBC bridge I've found is commercial and available from
OpenLink Software (www.openlinksw.com). Neither sourceforge.net nor
freshmeat.net seem to have anything else listed. I would like a free
alternative. Does anyone know of such a project? Would anyone be interested
in working on it?

--Greg

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: MacOS X Shared Buffers (SHMMAX)?
От: Jeff Eckermann
Сообщение: Re: Question about numeric