Re: Mysterious locking problem

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Mysterious locking problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I'm having a misterious locking problem ( caused by a transaction, i think ).
> But for my understanding of transactions and lock's, this wasnt supposed
> to appen.
> I'm using Postgresq 7.1.2 on a Suse 7.x box.
>
> I notice the locking problem when there are two 2 different queries
> running, of different connections( initiated by PHP ).
> Lets say I have 3 Tables:
>
>  - Table A, B, C
>
>  The query that is executed by one of the connections is a select on table
>  B( to get some foreign keys values ) and an insert in table A( just after
>  the select ).
>  The other query that the second connection execute is an insert into
>  table C( to start this insert it does some selects in table B ).

Given your query things above I'm guessing you've turned on query
printing? Are the selects perhaps SELECT ... FOR UPDATE queries going for
the same rows in which case I think the second would wait on the first?

От: Denis Perchine
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 7.1 forces sequence scan when there is no reason
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: too many idle processes