help with *mysql*

От pilsl@goldfisch.at
Тема help with *mysql*
Дата
Re: help with *mysql*  (Gregory Seidman <gss+pg@cs.brown.edu>)
Список pgsql-general
my nightmare is coming true: I need to port a whole CMS from postgres
to mysql. I just started taking the first looks on mysql and all seems so wrong ;)

it doesnt have system-unique OID's, it doesnt have something like
offset, it doesnt accept my ROLLBACK.

but: I will have to learn how to move around all this things, so what
I want to ask here is, if someone knows some docs about all these
things a programmer will have to face if switching from postgres to
mysql.

and the reason for all this is, that all this cheep providers offer
mysql and all customers think, hey : this provider is 100USD less per
month and offer 100.000 emailaliases. I tried to mention "transaction"
and "sql-standard" but they only stared at me ...

thnx,
peter

ps: sorry for this whiny-posting

От: Patrick Welche
Сообщение: Re: aggregate on zero rows slow?
От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: update via join problem