Re: postgresql 7.1.3

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: postgresql 7.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 06 May 2002 12:37 pm, David Fee wrote:
> Owen,
> Do you know how to get postmaster to start with the " -i " flag?  I want to
> use pgaccess and when I try to connect to the db, it gives an error message
> saving that the postmaster isn't running with the " -i " flag or accepting
> connections at port 5432.  If I start postmaster with " -i  " manually, it
> works fine, but I need it to start automatically

Find the file 'postgresql.conf' -- on RedHat with an RPM installation it is in
/var/lib/pgsql/data.  Edit this file -- change the line '#tcpip_socket =
false' to be 'tcpip_socket = true'  -- note the lack of the # comment.

Restart postmaster and you're done.  The -i switch is no longer necessary due
to the 'GUC' -- 'Grand Unified Configuration' file postgresql.conf.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio