Re: Foxpro

От Jim Mercer
Тема Re: Foxpro
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 10:41:09AM -0700, Ian Harding wrote:
> At the most basic level, PostgreSQL is a client - server product, FoxPro is not.  It is MS Access' daddy and is very
similarin many ways (although vastly more capable in most ways.)

> They are apples and oranges.  You will probably not find any comparisons.

i had a project to rewrite an application in postgres because FoxPro died
(and/or slowed to a crawl) when dealing with 30,000,000 records.

8^)

> - Ian

> I have a wannabe programer that works for me and he my not for long, nagging
> me that we should use FoxPro instead of PostgreSQL and Java.
> I have tried and tried to explain this to him. I have tried to show him that
> FoxPro is not mainstream anymore. He is a pain in my butt. Would anyone like
> to point me to a comparison between FoxPro and PostgreSql. I can find
> comparisons between DB-2 or Oracle or MySQL and Postgres but not FoxPro. I
> can guess why. I hate being a dictator about things like and I have tried to
> help him by saying he could do one little internal project in FoxPro but he
> can not even get FoxPro to use ODBC to connect to Postgres. I do not care to
> learn anymore about ODBC than what I need to hook Openoffice calc to my
> database.
>
> By the way this guy does not even know how to do a binary or to decode a BCD
> date. When I asked if it FoxPro had a binary shift he told me it had lots of
> keyboard funtions :(

[ Jim Mercer        jim@reptiles.org         +1 416 410-5633 ]
[          I want to live forever, or die trying.            ]

От: "David Siebert"
Сообщение: Re: Foxpro
От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: Fwd: Postfix Relay Hub SMTP server: errors from