History question

От Michael Meskes
Тема History question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
While surfing through our web page I found some references about Postgres
(the original Berkley project) starting as Ingres. Now I wonder whether we
or let's say the original Postgres project still used Ingres or parts
thereof.

The original Postgres FAQ say

Q.  What is the connection between POSTGRES and University Ingres?

A.  There is none, aside from Prof. Stonebraker.  There is no   compatibility between the two software packages, and
theresearch   projects had differing objectives

This certainly sounds like these two are different projects by the same
Prof.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De

От: Luis Amigo
Сообщение: Re: Call for platform testing
От: Karel Zak
Сообщение: Re: History question