Re: Re: SOMAXCONN (was Re: Solaris source code)

От ncm@zembu.com (Nathan Myers)
Тема Re: Re: SOMAXCONN (was Re: Solaris source code)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 11:08:34PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Nathan Myers writes:
>
> > When the system is too heavily loaded (however measured), any further
> > login attempts will fail.  What I suggested is, instead of the
> > postmaster accept()ing the connection, why not leave the connection
> > attempt in the queue until we can afford a back end to handle it?
>
> Because the new connection might be a cancel request.

Supporting cancel requests seems like a poor reason to ignore what
load-shedding support operating systems provide.

To support cancel requests, it would suffice for PG to listen at
another socket dedicated to administrative requests.  (It might
even ignore MaxBackends for connections on that socket.)

Nathan Myers
ncm@zembu.com

От: Klaus Reger
Сообщение: Re: Repost: Get table/field-identifiers in uppercase
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: pg_depend