Re: $PGSQL/include/postgres.h

От Jim Mercer
Тема Re: $PGSQL/include/postgres.h
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 04:05:40PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jim Mercer <jim@reptiles.org> writes:
> > recently i decided to upgrade some stuff from pgsql 6.x to 7.1.2 and
> > am trying to build php.
> > it does not appear that there is a /usr/local/pgsql/include/postgres.h
> > any more.
>
> There is not, by default.  PHP should never have included it in the
> first place (and does not anymore, I understand).

ah, this is true.

i was initially puzzled as to why php wasn't finding pgsql, even though i had
--enable-pgsql on the configure line.

i initially suspected (since 7.1.2 was new) that something was missing and
the configure script couldn't find things.  this is when i noticed the missing
postgres.h file.

however, i later discovered that in other installations, i used "--with-pgsql".

i changed "enable" to "with" and, voila, php found pgsql.

(slap forehead)

> > if so, this decision could cause a good chunk of existing code to break.
>
> Only code that was erroneous to begin with ... clients shouldn't be
> pulling in that file, it merely pollutes their namespace.

true enough.  i looked at my own code, and it doesn't include postgres.h.

--
[ Jim Mercer        jim@reptiles.org         +1 416 410-5633 ]
[ Now with more and longer words for your reading enjoyment. ]

От: "Denis A. Doroshenko"
Сообщение: Re: Re: ZeroFill(.../pg_xlog/xlogtemp.20148) failed: No such file or directory
От: Ian Lance Taylor
Сообщение: Re: Re: ZeroFill(.../pg_xlog/xlogtemp.20148) failed: No such file or directory