Re: increment/rank

От Matt Beauregard
Тема Re: increment/rank
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 07:29:33PM -0700, Dan Harrington wrote:
> I get a two-record list of:
> -
> Peaceful Stream    |    image/stream.jpg    | water peace        | 102
> Wide Stream        |    image/wide.jpg    | water peace flowing    | 101
> -
> ...and I select "Wide Stream", I want to change the rank number from 101 to
> 102.

Your description of the problem is ambiguous, and so my answer which
is very simplistic may not be useful at all.  Properly set-up tables
need a primary key which is unique for each record; I'm making the
bold assumption that in your case the image filename will do as a
primary key.  So if you only want to "change the rank number" you
could do something like

update images set rank=102 where filename='image/wide.jpg'.

If the rank field has more semantics than you mentioned in your email,
you should define them for us.

--
Matt Beauregard
Information Technology Operations, DesignScape

Ph: +61 2 9361 4233   Fx: +61 2 9361 4633